Monday, October 8, 2012

Interview: Founder of Eco Tan ~ Sonya Driver

Eco Tan is definitely not your average tan – it’s a safe natural and gorgeous tan that has certainly made the team at Tree Hugga very excited!  To discover a fabulous Australian made product, produced though a passion rather than the drive for the big buck... is something rare and the sign of something special.

We were lucky enough to have the privileged opportunity to ask the fonder Sonya Drives a few questions on her unique creation.

TH: When was Eco tan created?  

SD: We created Eco Tan back in early 2010.

TH:  What inspired you to create such a wonderful product?  

SD: After my younger sister was diagnosed with a melanoma we started having spray tans. I was concerned about what was being absorbed into her scar, so I started searching. I didn't like what I found.

TH: How does it make you feel knowing you have created such a well loved alternative to sun baking and synthetic tans?  

SD: Thank you for saying that. I have to admit I am guilty of not stopping to smell the roses or acknowledge what I have started. I will work on that. 

TH: What are the gorgeous ingredients?

SD: There are loads of divine ingredients for a start we use Cacao (chocolate) for the colour and red Grape Skins plus Avocado oil, Rose flower oil and on and on...


TH: What next for Eco Tan and Sonya?

SD: Well we have just launched in the UK and NZ and I have a couple of products that I have been working on for a while. Sonya... well she is trying to learn balance and get her stress levels in control. She would like to build a house (not a mansion) and get a new car. I must admit I do feel over whelmed at times. I am a single parent and I own a company. I really need a dish washer… It's all good. I am blessed and grateful.


After the wonderful feedback we have had from our first Eco Tan buyers at Tree Hugga, I must say... I am sure there are many of us eager to see what else team ECO Tan are working on to keep us looking gorgeous and safe! 

Thank you Sonya x



2 comments:

  1. lovely to see a new Central Coast-based blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi... starting to gain momentum! So busy juggling kiddies and new projects though (as I know your well aware of!) Thanks for checking it out... till next encounter ;-x

    ReplyDelete