Sunday, September 2, 2012

Oh man... i need a tan

Its gorgeous, it’s tiny and its electric blue....  it’s my new summer cozzie and I lovvvee it!

Small issue:  I am not loving the light shade of white I seem to have turned after wrapping my body in layers of snugly clothes and keeping the icy surf temperatures at bay in my wettie all winter.

So here lies the dilemma...  I no longer wish to spend hours bronzing up on the sunny sand whilst checking out the life guards and cool geek surfer boys flex as they go past... Why you ask?  Well I am afraid now I am old and wise (apparently), and want to avoid those nasty UV rays at all costs. Besides I would rather be chasing my two little cherubs down the beach or chasing the waves than being sprawled on my back hoping my butt looks ok from each and every angle!

The facts, did you know up to 80% of premature skin aging is caused by the effects of the sun! Not only do the UV rays increase your chances of getting skin cancer, they also irreparably damage the collagen in your skin, which is responsible for keeping your skin firm and smooth. Once the collagen is broken down, wrinkles will result.  Wrinkles, cancer and sun spots....  no thank you!

Option one:          Learn to love pastels...  they r in fashion right??

Option two:           Natural sunless tanning

Option two was definitely screaming my name so the search began.
 
After visiting a few department stores and several local beauty salons, all with good options for tanning, I honestly was not compelled to buy any of them...  perhaps option one and adopting to be pastel over summer may be easier. 

It wasn’t until that evening when my online search came to the rescue....  enter Eco Tan!
Natural, organic and no nasties.  Eco Tan's secret is to use natural ingredients such as Cacao (chocolate), Grape skin Extract, Rose Geranium Oil, Chamomile Flower Extract, Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Avocado Oil and Aloe Vera, to produce the perfect deep rich sunless tan.   Not only are they 100% natural ingredients the story behind the development of the gorgeous product is touching.  I love it when you find a product developed on passion rather than in quest of the big dollar.

It all started about 3 years ago when the founder of Eco Tan, Sonia’s 30 year old sister was diagnosed with a melanoma. Through the power of prayer and early diagnoses thankfully she caught it in time.

Still wanting a tan but without the potential risk from UV they sought the next best thing and started having spray tans however then became concerned about the ingredients we were constantly covering themselves with.   After thousands of hours researching and formulating they put together a solution that is not only beautiful it is also safe and free from all things nasty and artificial.

Eco Tan where possible, also uses veggie ink and recycled papers that are friendly to our environment. Double tick from me!

I tried it; I love it and think we might just have to stock it!  We will be making our first order of Eco Tan soon, so be ready to grab some when we launch!!  Now I am all bronzed up and ready to don my blue kini!


Eco Tan - my safe natural hero!

Electric blue cozzie and my new chocolate tan....  my new BFFs!


5 comments:

  1. Oh - I think I am in need of some of this! Please get some in stock asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we get some more samples soon I will let you know and arrange to send some out to you for a sneak peak! Otherwise the store wont be far away x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please, when can i get my hands on some of this eco stuff?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully during summer so u can get your summer glow without the damage Jackielyn! If there is enough interest I can get some before our store goes live and sell it direct to you all - so let me know xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust you both have glowing tans by now! x

    ReplyDelete